For Ailsa’s travel theme this week I could have picked a few photos/artwork that would have worked well but I decided to go with the brightest most colourful one, which I call The Fortune Teller. If you are familiar with Tarot cards at all, the Rider-Waite cards are a very colourful deck, however for this photo I used the new Radiant Rider-Waite cards in abstract form.
Tarot cards emerged in Europe over five centuries ago but their precise origin is really unknown. The Pierpont Morgan Library in New York owns 35 cards from a 78-card Tarot deck dating from circa 1848. They are believed to be the work of either Bonifacio Bembo or Antonio Cicognara. The deck apparently belonged to Cardinal Ascanio Maria Sforza (1445-1505) or to his mother Bianca Visconti Sforza.
If you want to join in the fun this week, here is the link Travel Theme.
- A Tour Through my Tarot Decks (sonyacheney.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: multicoloured (annarashbrook.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme (Multicoloured) (mrscarmichael.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Multicolored (journeyaroundtheglobe.com)
- Travel Theme: Multicolored (windagainstcurrent.com)
- Tarot is Confusing? (janetboyer.typepad.com)
- Lord of the Rings Tarot Card Art [Pics] (geeksaresexy.net)
- 9-13-13 Friday the Thirteenth Travel Theme: Multicolored (quotidianhudsonriver.com)