I created this artwork very late last night for a fun competition (creating a photo to look like a LeRoy Neiman painting) but it really does fit perfectly for this week’s challenge as the hue of me!
Firstly, I painted this with complete childlike abandonment with no regard for colour, keeping within the lines or reality. That in a way describes me to a tee. I like to have fun, but I’m not reckless. I do not follow the rules of society as most of them do not make sense to me. Things like:
- not wearing a ring on the third finger of your left hand if you’re not engaged or married.
- not wearing white after Labour day.
- if you don’t cry when a relationship is over, you cannot possibly have been in love.
- feeding your kids a huge banana split for supper, instead of something healthy (not everyday of course!).
- wanting to be with a partner, as opposed to needing to be.
- having matching plates and glasses at the dinner table, why it’s more fun when nothing matches.
Anyway you get my point.
Secondly, the bright colour represents how I look at life. Don’t take me wrong, like most of us I am sure, I’ve been round the block a few times with life flipping back and forth between amazing and downright ugly. I have a finely tuned sense of humour and have learned to see the funny side (and lessons) in most things. Plus the numerous array of different colours is great for representing who I am as a person. What I mean by that is….I do not have a ‘type’. I am honestly a blend of all types, a multitude of colours and flavours, which
men some people find confusing, because I am hard to predict.
If you want to join in the fun here is the link.
- Weekly Photo Challenge – The Hue of You (pattisjarrett.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You (travelswithjaye.com)
- A golden day – Weekly Challenge – The Hue of you – Day 2 (decocraftsdigicrafts.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue in you (2far2shout.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge-The Hue of You (allresourceupdates.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You (mightwar.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Self Portrait in Ginkgo Leaves (piecesofstarlight.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You (simonhawketts.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: the Hue of You (taniafuentez.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You (travel-monkey.me)