I created this artwork very late last night for a fun competition (creating a photo to look like a LeRoy Neiman painting) but it really does fit perfectly for this week’s challenge as the hue of me!
Firstly, I painted this image with complete childlike abandonment with no regard for colour, keeping within the lines or reality. That in a way describes me to a tee, I like to have fun, but I’m not reckless, I am not set in my ways, I like change and I have never believed in the rules of society; who makes them up anyway. Most of them do not make sense to me. Things like:
- Don’t wear a ring on the third finger of your left hand unless you are married or engaged.
- Never wear white after Labour day….why not?
- If you don’t cry when a relationship is over, you cannot possibly have been in love.
- Don’t feed your kids a huge banana split with all the sweet trimmings for supper, instead of something healthy, it’s not good for them.
- Wanting to be with your partner, as opposed to needing to be.
- Must have matching dinnerware on the dining table, why? It’s more fun when nothing matches.
Anyway you get my point.
Secondly, the bright colours represent how I look at life. Don’t take me wrong, like most of us I am sure, I’ve been round the block a few times with life flipping back and forth between amazing and downright miserable. I have a finely tuned sense of humour and have learned to see the funny side (and lessons) in most things. Plus the numerous array of different colours is a perfect representation of who I am as a person. What I mean by that is….I do not have a ‘type’. I am honestly a blend of all types, a multitude of colours and flavours, which some people, especially partners, find a little disconcerting as I am not very predictable.
- A golden day – Weekly Challenge – The Hue of you – Day 2 (decocraftsdigicrafts.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue in you (2far2shout.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge-The Hue of You (allresourceupdates.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Self Portrait in Ginkgo Leaves (piecesofstarlight.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You (simonhawketts.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: the Hue of You (taniafuentez.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You (travel-monkey.me)